Prepare Your Driveway for New England Weather with Sealcoating
Parking lot and driveway sealcoating of asphalt surfaces is an important preventive measure to keep surfaces maintained and protected. Driveway sealcoating works! It does more than keep your driveway looking new. It provides a smooth surface finish and prolongs the life of driveways and parking lots. In the long run, instead of paying for costly repairs, it adds up to big savings for property owners. With regular driveway sealcoating maintenance, asphalt surfaces can easily last up to 20 years or more without extensive repairs.
Sealcoating is especially recommended for those lots and driveways with a moderate to a high volume of traffic. Parking lots should be cleaned and have driveway sealcoating done in preparation for line striping and marking.
Driveway sealing companies perform pavement sealing to protect the asphalt surface from these harmful effects of rain, snow, and ice erosion, as well as U.V. damage that can lead to driveway and parking lot cracking and from dreaded potholes from forming.
Benefits of Professional Sealcoating
- Environmental elements like the sun, wind, and water can impose a damaging effect on asphalt surfaces. As the asphalt hardens or oxidizes, it will become more inflexible, making it susceptible to cracks as it is unable to flex with the changing weather conditions. A D&R Paving sealcoat application creates a barrier between the asphalt and the elements, thus slowing down the oxidation process.
- Sealcoating reduces oil and gasoline penetration that might occur on the new surface which can severely damage your surface.
- Sealcoating offers long-term cost savings. Preventative sealcoating costs mere pennies per square foot versus dollars per square foot for repairing or replacing asphalt entirely.
- Sealcoating prolongs the life of asphalt surfaces between freeze and thaw cycles.
- Sealcoating leaves a smooth and clean finish, reducing time spent cleaning your asphalt.
- Offers an aesthetic appeal, as it creates an attractive matte black surface which is ideal for painting lines.
- Sealcoating reduces the depth which oil or gas can penetrate the asphalt.